Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope the new year brings much happiness, love and joy in your lives!

New Years Eve is my mom's birthday. Hence I have NEVER gone out to a new years eve party in my whole life! I've always spent my new years eve with my parents, celebrating my mom's birthday and watching the countdown on TV with Dick Clark. I always resented that but now that I'm older and pregnant, I like being at home for the new years and away from drunk drivers and club traffic. However, this year it was extra hard to stay awake until midnight and it was so sad to see that Dick Clark was replaced by Ryan Seacrest... I guess Dick Clark suffered a stroke?

For New Years, Korean tradition is to eat, eat and eat! We make a huge brunch of rice cake and dumpling soup, fish and beef patties, glass noodle dish, etc. I wish I took some photos of the food we made and ate! But I forgot... Oops. Before our brunch, we put on our traditional korean dresses and bowed to our elders. Our little niece got some cash for her bows too! She was too cute.



1 comment:

sarareed said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Mama-to-be. Love reading your updates. It won't be long now until you are a Mommy....so excited....I don't think I can wait until April :) Thank you also for my lovely shirt and I loved the pics from your wedding! Love ya and thinking of you.